Chamsys console/wing lamp alternatives?

norty303

I've got an old style PC wing with old style lamp (non right angled head)

I've just had a workstation case built for it and a right angle head lamp would suit it better now.

Has anyone found a generic alternative LED lamp that works? There's a few on eBay with XLR plugs about a third of the price of one direct from Chamsys. I don't normally mind paying for stuff but nearly £60 seems a bit steep for an LED on some bendy metal

Their not right-angle but Ikea do some nice little USB gooseneck led lamps for the extortionate price of £2 each. Just need a powered usb hub and you can use some panel mount usb leads to put lamp sockets/phone chargers where-ever you like.

+1 for the ikea goose necks - they've got reasonably good spread , and at the money you really can't complain. We use a pair of them on our ion and the only thing missing really is the ability to dim them. f only I could find some coloured transparent plastic sheet from somewhere to stick over them http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

As long as the voltage, wattage and pin configuration is correct you can plug any generic XLR lamp into the socket. You may want to check that the LED ones will be compatible as some LED gooseneck use the shield as negative and can short the console out. This can easily be avoided though by resoldering the lamp to suit your Chamsys

I bought a cheap LED AmericanDJ lamp for my Fat Frog on eBay and resoldered it to suit and it's great- nice wide spread and not too bright.

Edward

Archived