Networking Avolites consoles together

peza2010

Hi all.

I have been an avo user for a long while, but have never needed to do what im about to ask.

I have a quartz, titan mobile, and two titan expansion wings. I spoke to avo who told me that only one wing will work with the quartz at the moment.

Essentially what im looking to do is network my quartz and my titan mobile together for two reasons - both as a hot backup, and to expand my fader count (im unsure as to if the latter is possible or if I just get things duplicated across the two desks)

Is this possible, and if so how? Im fluent in "avo" language so I dont think I need in depth instructions, more just knowing if it is possible before I get dissapointed tomorrow.

Cheers, George

P.s I did do a quick google. The manual I have only talks about networking one desk to a visi and to artnet.

Yes it is possible if you have Titan v8 or later. Each console can have its own "handle world" (layout) or can share the one from the other console/users.

It's described in the setup chapter (ch2 I think) of the v8 or v9 manual, grab a copy from the Avo website.

Basically just get the consoles on the same network, press Disk then [TitanNet Sessions] then [session View]. You get a pretty picture allowing you to configure the 2 consoles as multi user or backup etc.

Archived