source 4 lens knob

numberwrong

Hi

Just started working in a venue and noticed that most the s4 19deg are missing the second bolt on top holding the lense tube in, the first being the one that you hand tighten to lock the focus.

So I need to get some parts ordered but

The data sheet says that there should be 2 x

7060A4008-01 Knob set with male insert

Which is the hand tightened knob. All the s4s I've ever known have the knob set on the bottom but a posi screw on the top with a chunky washer.

The only place the s4 data sheet mentions this set up is on the 5 and 10deg lenses.

13 HW5197Screw, 1/4, 20x58 PHRMS, black zinc

14 HW5200Washer, SH, .253 x .281 x .438, black zinc

should I get these and will they fit 19deg lenses?

Thanks

Also is there a cheaper alternative then getting those screws and washers from AC

I only need 8

Hi

Just started working in a venue and noticed that most the s4 19deg are missing the second bolt on top holding the lense tube in, the first being the one that you hand tighten to lock the focus.

So I need to get some parts ordered but

The data sheet says that there should be 2 x

7060A4008-01 Knob set with male insert

Which is the hand tightened knob.

These two knobs are the focus lock-off and the gate rotate lock-off. It is likely that you are looking at a data sheet for a non-CE unit.

All the s4s I've ever known have the knob set on the bottom but a posi screw on the top with a chunky washer.

The screw that you reference below is actually a #2 Phillips, not a PoziDrive. Using the wrong tip will destroy the form of the screw.

The only place the s4 data sheet mentions this set up is on the 5 and 10deg lenses.

13 HW5197Screw, 1/4, 20x58 PHRMS, black zinc

14 HW5200Washer, SH, .253 x .281 x .438, black zinc

should I get these and will they fit 19deg lenses?

Yes, as long as the lens tubes you own are newer than Revision 'A', which only had the bottom hole for the focus lock-off knob.

Thanks

Also is there a cheaper alternative then getting those screws and washers from AC

I only need 8

They are not that expensive, you will probably pay more for the postage. The screw is an old imperial/American thread (something like a ¼"-20 UNC thread) that is fairly difficult to get hold of this side of the water. It is easier to go to an ETC dealer. AC Entertainment Technologies will stock these items. I recommend buying the brass spacer (HW5200)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The bolts you're looking for are part # HW5197 (I get stacks of them when I put an order in, they're very easy to loose and handy to have). The brass spacers which are technically washers but really deep (HW5200) are fairly mandatory in my view too. The fibre washers are HW5143 (and go between the bolt and the casing on the lens tube rotation and between the bolt and the casing on the focus adjustment. Again, a good idea to order stacks of these).

Hope this helps!

Archived