IEC Dimmer Packs

STCM_Tech

Hey Guys

So we have two small dimmer pack that connect with IEC's to 8 Pars that we have used to dimmer halogen work lights in the past. My question is, can I take one of our profiles or cantatas with a normal 15amp plug, put an IEC plug on it and then dim it with one of the small IEC dimmer packs?

Thanks Guys

It's common to make up short adapter cables with an IEC plug on one end and a 15A socket on the other - so you can connect normal theatrical lighting to the portable dimmer pack without having to rewire connectors every time.

It's common to make up short adapter cables with an IEC plug on one end and a 15A socket on the other - so you can connect normal theatrical lighting to the portable dimmer pack without having to rewire connectors every time.

I did exactly this at the end of last year for a small show I was lighting in a function room that had no decent power (just 13a). Ran 6x 650w Quartet fresnels split over two of these dimmer packs via a IEC to 15a adaptor. It worked really well.

Yes, subject to the usual caveats regarding electrics, any incandescent theatre lantern may be connected to any dimmer, provided of course that the wattage of the lamp does not exceed the load capacity of the dimmer.

Archived