Help with some led lights

topsy100

Hi guys

I have A bunch of pro light lumipix 16H battens and pars. Is there a setting do you know that stops the lights from coming on when I power up before DMX is present?

I can't see one unless I'm missing something

Thanks

Tim

What happens when you power them up?

A lot of led stuff I come across will flash full white for a second when powered up, but then go back to blackout with or without a DMX signal.

Is it that, or they carry on doing something until DMX is recieved?

Also, have you checked they are not storing the last DMX state, if they are powered off before being blacked out via DMX? Unlikely, but worth a look.

I have A bunch of pro light lumipix 16H battens and pars. Is there a setting do you know that stops the lights from coming on when I power up before DMX is present?

I can't see one unless I'm missing something

Well I had a quick glance at the manual and it appears that what you could be suffering from is a 'feature' .....

STANDALONE OPERATION

3.4 AUTOMATIC

If no DMX control signal is present at the DMX INPUT, the unit independently runs through its show programme

[/font]

when power up some of them (not all) seem to want to do random things. I get what you are saying about section 3.4 I will see if I can compare settings on those that dont go wild on switch on. To be honest the manual is poor

Tim

I have some LEDJ PARs. Two of them come on red if I power them up before the desk is on. The rest don't. As far as I can tell their setups are identical. No idea why it happens but I live with it. I just put it down to cheap kit.

Hi Topsy,

If you ever have any questions about any of your Prolights equipment, please do not hesitiate to get in touch with either myself or one of my colleagues here at AC Entertainment Technologies.

It sounds like some of your LumiPix16H battens will be set to Master, and some to Slave. If the unit is set to be a slave it will remain dark until it gets a DMX signal, where as if it is set to Master it will act as a standalone fixture and run its last manually set state - perfect if you want to uplight a wall for an event, but less so if you are lighting a cyc for an opera!

I hope that helps, and if you need any help when you are on site just drop me a line....

Best regards,

Neil

Neil Vann

AC Entertainment Technologies Ltd.

neil.vann@ac-et.com

Archived