Silent Rave !!

3guk

I read about this too.

In regards to "they can then have the volume as loud as they want", I guess that puts the onus of responsibility into the hands of the punter regarding the potential for hearing damage.

As 3guk pointed out I wouldn't like to tally up the amount of cans that get pinched/broken and generally trampled on!

I thought the whole point of the festival was to promote live music. There will be no atmosphere if everyone is wearing headphones, you can only really dance by yourself.

You cant talk to your friends and listen either. Seems a bit of a stupid idea, sorta dismisses the whole vibe of live music.

I expect it's an induction loop thingy - dirt cheap to produce, no real licencing issues.

Anyway - it's an experiment. I do wonder what the response will be like though, for all the above reasons!

I thought the whole point of the festival was to promote live music. There will be no atmosphere if everyone is wearing headphones, you can only really dance by yourself.

You cant talk to your friends and listen either. Seems a bit of a stupid idea, sorta dismisses the whole vibe of live music.

I assume this is for the post noise curfew dance tents. At least some of the workers (and local residents!) will be able to get some half decent kip. unless they are out partying themselves of course! :unsure:

Guest lightnix

It's not a new idea.

According to this story on the XFM site, "The system was invented by Dutch company 433fm.com who used it to stage undetectable illegal parties in the Netherlands in the early ‘90s. Aphex Twin also used the system at his show at the Barbican in London in 2001."

Archived