Aviom rider

Impact Pete

Part of a rider I have been given is for the following;

Aviom AN-16I Analogue Input Module

Aviom A-16D Pro Distribution Amp

Aviom A-16 Mk II Personnal mixer

There is also a Yamaha ls9 on there

I have read up a bit about this system but from what I can see if the ls9 has the correct card in then it does not ned the analogue input module?

has anyone got experience on this and an exact way to set up the system with an ls9 and assume it does not have the correct card as the venue has an ls9 already but doubtful it has is it the dante card?

anyone who has some helpful advice please post

thank you!

Its not the Dante card you need its the aviom card you need and its pretty simple to set up once its installed. You possible also don't need the 16D either as long as you don't mind using the power supplies for the 16II. Then you can just daisy chain them together. Do make sure you get the MKIIs though as I believe the originals don't support the Aviom cards. The only reason I can think of for using the analogue input as apposed to the card is for something they don't want routing through the desk but do want routing through their IEMs or wedges.

Hope this is of some help

Pete

Here's the card you need if you don't want to use the Analogue input unit. Of course - That's assuming the rider is intending the LS9's and the Avioms to be used together.

http://www.aviom.com/Aviom-Products-4/Console-Cards-24/Aviom16-o-Y1-A-Net-Card-for-Yamaha®

Once installed, it just shows up as output sockets. If you've got stereo sends heading out, you'll need to set the dip switches correctly so the mixers see the channels as a stereo pair.

Personally, I wouldn't daisy chain them all together - Lose one bit of cat 5 early in the chain and everyone loses their mixer....

Hope this helps.

Its not the Dante card you need its the aviom card you need and its pretty simple to set up once its installed. You possible also don't need the 16D either as long as you don't mind using the power supplies for the 16II. Then you can just daisy chain them together. Do make sure you get the MKIIs though as I believe the originals don't support the Aviom cards. The only reason I can think of for using the analogue input as apposed to the card is for something they don't want routing through the desk but do want routing through their IEMs or wedges.

Hope this is of some help

Pete

Hi thanks, I really need to base it on a standard LS9 that does not have the aviom card as the venue has an ls9 all set up so really I can't see justifying charging a customer for another LS9 just because it comes from a hire company with the card, if I'm interpreting it correctly if the LS9 is just a standard one with no card then the analogue convertor takes splits off the multicore back to desk, or am I way off!?

Here's the card you need if you don't want to use the Analogue input unit. Of course - That's assuming the rider is intending the LS9's and the Avioms to be used together.

http://www.aviom.com...ard-for-Yamaha®

Once installed, it just shows up as output sockets. If you've got stereo sends heading out, you'll need to set the dip switches correctly so the mixers see the channels as a stereo pair.

Personally, I wouldn't daisy chain them all together - Lose one bit of cat 5 early in the chain and everyone loses their mixer....

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks I cant really justify getting a card for a one off hire, and I had read somewhere else about not daisy chaining them so will bear that in mind

Archived