LED Bars

dan02liverpool

1423666896[/url]' post='517109']

what do you want them to do? Light a space, or just be eye candy? Loads of different ones, but each more suited to certain things than others?

Thanks, just looking for eye candy really, originally I wanted sunstrips but I'm limited for power so need to look at led

as a low power alternative to sunstrips, we went with ADJ mega-bar tri after looking at lots of options. Build quality is quite frankly excellent, and having tails for power / data in t one end, and power / data out at the other makes for very quick and neat cabling up. Due to the tails, I would recommend good flight casing however. The units also have full pixel control which in this day and age I would see as a must have.

One of the companies I freelance for has just bought 20 of the Chauvet ColourBand pix Chauvet Website well worth a look. Buid quality is excellent, IEC in and out, 3 and 5 pin DMX and custom brackets to get the correct spacing if you want to do pixel mapping.

The Showtec Pixel bar 12 was considered, but the build quality looked the same as the old RGB Bar 8's which was poor to be generous.

I've just bought some eurolite PMB 8x30W led battens from thomann. The light output is stunning and they're really easy control over DMX with loads of pre programmed colours and chases, plus the option to control each led cell individually to create your own chases / states via your lighting desk if you wish.

Archived