LED Batten with zoom?

DonkiDonki

l see both Robe and Clay Paky now have Battens with zoom plus pan & tilt but has anyone come across a batten with just zoom?

A company I work with currently stocks James Thomas Pixeline 110's and Miltec Batten2's.

They are looking to buy a new range of batten but so far most units they have tried either have a good smooth output which they prefer but when uplighting panels they are only strong for a couple of meters. (Batten2)

Battens such as the P110's have a much tighter beam and throw much further but they do not like the individual beam pattern which takes a meter or so to blend smoothly.

The ideal solution would be a static rgbw batten with a manual or motorised zoom, but not at a dramatically increased cost like with the moving battens.

Has anyone encountered something that might fit or heard of anyone with a possible solution soon to be released?

(I realise the clay paky & robe units are tilt only)

Has anyone used these Chauvet Colorado 144 Tour battens and can comment on them?

It seems they have a row of wide angle led and a row of narrow which sounds like it should perform well as an uplight both at close quarters and at reasonable distance?

The Chauvets are reasonable battens - bright, and good value for money. But if you want to use them close up to a cloth or a flat, I don't think you'd be happy with the results. Even with some heavy Hamburg frost on the front, ours are very "stripey" for the first few inches when they're close to whatever they're lighting.

The Chauvets are reasonable battens - bright, and good value for money. But if you want to use them close up to a cloth or a flat, I don't think you'd be happy with the results. Even with some heavy Hamburg frost on the front, ours are very "stripey" for the first few inches when they're close to whatever they're lighting.

Shame, I suppose you could try to get clever and just frost the wide angle section? Typically they are positioned directly next to the panel due to space constraints so having light output perfectly smooth from the beginning to 3-4m is a bit of a challange.

It doesn't help that they are also keen on the cheaper end of the market if possible.

They had a Phillips unit on demo against the chauvet quad-9 tour (not sure of the Phillips model), the Phillips had great blended output right from the start but ran out of punch long before the chauvet which started too stripey. Out of the two I think they would be more likely to pick the Phillips.

Can anyone recommend any other battens worth a demo?

Have you considered these?

http://prolight.co.u...m.php?id=509437

I haven't encountered those, they are currently trying various demo units so I'm sure they would be happy to look at these too.

60degree seems quite wide for a batten, I'm sure this will give smooth output close to the fixture but whats it like at about 4m?

For the stock they already have when uplighting, the Batten2 is pretty smooth directly out of the fixture but loses punch quickly by around 2m. The P110's are are quite stripey for about 1m but are punchy to about 5m.

Anything that can do smooth output from the start and punch well to 4m would be of interest.

Archived