X32 Programming for musical theatre - DCA issue

JCrichton

I am in the process of preparing a Behringer X32 for mixing several musicals, although as I don't have the console in front of me I am using the X32-Edit software.

One issue I cannot find a way around is setting up my DCA's correctly. As with a typical musical for each scene I want to have the DCA's controlling different inputs depending on who is on stage for the scene etc. As such when I go into the next scene the DCA assignments should change and the scribble strips should update to match. I can achieve this result no problem, the only issue is that the DCA fader values will also be recalled causing all the faders to reset. This is obviously not ideal as I will not always want all the faders to reset automatically, I will adjust all faders by hand. If I safe all the DCA's this solves the problem, however the scribble strips will not be recalled so I have no idea what the DCA's are assigned to!

The facility I am after is a way to parameter safe the fader values for DCA's, however this option only exists for input channels and mix buses.

Can anyone help with a workaround for this function? I know exactly how to achieve this on a Yamaha desk however unfortunately the X32 is all I have to work with for this job. Many thanks in advance!

Moderation: POINTLESS QUOTING OF 21 LINES OF PREVIOUS POST REMOVED.

There's no way of disabling the the DCL faders...

Use snippets - use the parameter filter when saving the snippet so that fade/pan are not saved, then they won't be changed when recalling the snippet. I've just tested this and it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Moderation: POINTLESS QUOTING OF 23 LINES OF PREVIOUS POST REMOVED.

Use snippets - use the parameter filter when saving the snippet so that fade/pan are not saved, then they won't be changed when recalling the snippet. I've just tested this and it works for me.

This is exactly what I'm attempting to achieve.

Are you referring to the input fader/pan or the DCA fader. I have not been able to separate the DCA assignment from the fader position

Any chance you could give a step by step, showing which snippet parameter filters you use

Moderation: POINTLESS QUOTING OF 34 LINES OF PREVIOUS POST REMOVED.

When storing a snippet containing DCA information - scribble strip, channel assignment etc - if the DCA Group check box is checked the DCA fader position will always be stored.

The fader/pan parameter is for the input channel fader not the DCA fader.

I have sucessfully used a piece of software called SceneParser by Paul Vannatto that, amongst other features, allows the editing of snippets at a text level. It is very easy to edit the required snippets by removing the DCA fader infornation while still retaining the assignment, scribble strip colour information.

He has also developed another program called Live Toolbox that will allow snippet editing while connected to an x32

Doug

Archived