Visualiser for LSC clarity software

Lucas

Hi, I am using the LSC Clarity software on my mac and I have a show coming up that I will be using a LSC LX600 on and I would like to be able to build a stage and plot fixtures before hand to make it easier for me, I've tried using capture but it does not let me save and closes every 90 minutes, which means I lose everything I've been working on. The cheapest paid version of capture is $452.90 NZD and I don't have that sort of money. Is there and other free visualiser that can be used with clarity that I will be able to save my work on? I don't mind the time out if I'm able to save my work. All responses are greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Your best bet for a free visualiser is MagicVis, part of the MagicQ software. I doubt you'll be able to link it to your LSC Clarity software, but at least you'll be able to design your show on it. You could even run your show from your Mac if you add a DMX interface or fader wing. You'll just need to learn MagicQ first :)

Other than that I don't know what to suggest. What you need to keep in mind is that you are asking for a very complex piece of software to be given away for nothing. Not counting MagicQ, thats extremely unlikely to happen as 3D software is difficult, and therefore time-consuming and expensive, to create. The development costs need to be paid for somehow, and the relatively small size of the 3d visualiser market means that the software has to be expensive.

It is possible to use the magicq vis with a different desk if it outputs artnet.

You still need to use magicq to patch the fixtures and layout the vis plot but after that you can connect to it via artnet from another desk so long as the patch matches.

A bit cumbersome but it is free.

Archived