ETC ION Monitors

madferit101

When moving our ION from the control room to the auditorium, after plugging it all in, nothing outputted to the monitors? The only thing that was changed was adding a monitor to the DVI port. The other monitor is plugged into the VGA port, any ideas why this is happening? Cheers!

I hope this makes sense.

Are you seeing anything on either monitor? The plugging in of another monitor could, on earlier software versions, upset the monitor arrangement.

Can you revert back to the original monitor arrangement and see output? If so, exit to the shell and change the monitor arrangement in 'General' settings.

Are you sure that both monitors are working?

Does the desk boot correctly, but just not output to the monitors; or does it get stuck in BIOS, showing only 'ION' on the encoder LCD screen? This may be symptomatic of a bad disk sector.

The ETC forums have a wealth of knowledge and experience on them and would be well worth a post.

IIRC, one some earlier versions of the ion, you can only use VGA or DVI (as its the same card) - many ions have a separate DVI card aswell - if so, try plugging your DVI monitor into that.

(just something I vaguely remember reading online when trying to sort out my own ion monitor issues)

Archived