Best value for replacement earplugs?

morristech

I recently got a bit too drunk and lost a set of ACS pro 17s. Just been on the phone to them, and they will cost exactly the same as the first time, despite the fact they don't need to remould them. I got my moulds taken at Boots, surely they take a cut when they send the moulds off, so now ACS can charge £140 every time because they've said it's a 'free' service?

What I'd like to know is, is there a company who do moulded earplugs which maybe cost more the first time, but subsequent sets cost less? I know I'm bound to lose them again, so I really don't want to spend that much every time.

Cheers,

Andy

Just a quick reminder that if you join Boots free Hearing Club, you can buy these for £125 instead of £140.

You're right that it seems bonkers that the pricing structure is what it is, but that's how it's set up. I suspect that you could negotiate better if you had a large volume order, but for one-offs, I doubt you'll have much luck.

Just a quick reminder that if you join Boots free Hearing Club, you can buy these for £125 instead of £140.

You're right that it seems bonkers that the pricing structure is what it is, but that's how it's set up. I suspect that you could negotiate better if you had a large volume order, but for one-offs, I doubt you'll have much luck.

Didn't know about the hearing club, I'll see if I can join that over the phone and order replacements at the same time. And a set of the cheap unmoulded ones for taking out with me when I'm not working. Thanks for that!

I ended up re-ordering from boots as I'm not prepared to go through the hassle of getting moulds taken again to go with a different company. Oddly, the price directly from ACS is higher than through boots anyway, then the hearing club discount brings it down further. I've ordered the £10 set of one size fits all earplugs for when I know I'm going to be drinking to excess, and a set of pro 17s for working.

Archived