Gobo holders and gobos

Jayne Collins

Hi, I am a drama teacher and have just bought 4 strand harmony 18 25 profiles. Unfortunately they do not come with gobo holders. Does anyone know where I can get hold of any cheaply and also any used gobos. Being a school I have a really limited budget. Many thanks.

I'd give 10 out of 10 a try

I just bought some prelude gobo holders from them, and as far as I know the harmony takes the same sized holder.

AC have a used gobo holder on their site, but if you want more than one that may not help. However, they aren't expensive new.

E: SP

I just bought some prelude gobo holders from them, and as far as I know the harmony takes the same sized holder.

AC have a used gobo holder on their site, but if you want more than one that may not help. However, they aren't expensive new.

Thanks for that. I will look them up :)

Alister's correct - Harmony profiles take the 'standard' Strand gobo holder, so anyone selling gobo holders for Prelude, Cantata, T-Spot, SL, Patt263, etc. will do. Don't forget that it's possible to use A-size (larger) and B-size (smaller) gobos in a Harmony, and you'll need a different holder for each, depending on what gobos you either have or are planning to buy.

Thanks for that. I will look them up :)

Here you go link to gobo holders

According to the Rosco gobo catalogue #10 (http://www.rosco.com/uk/literature/RoscoUKGoboCat10.pdf):

Harmony

A size : GH04 (metal gobo), GH05 (glass gobo)

B size: GH37 (metal), GH35 (glass)

Other Google sources say (for metal gobos):

A-size: GH04/GH74

B-size: GH06/GH73/GH37

Alister's 10/10 linky lists GH74 and GH73 available as new.

You could probably find a number of suppliers with 2nd hand/ex-hire stock.

Archived