Quartet PC/F Reflectors

vinntec

Hi all - going back to a topic some time ago, I managed to get hold of a Strand Quartet F on EBay and have cannibalised it to fix the reflector on one of our Quartet PCs which had one which was burned out. Hooray! :)

However, we checked all our Quartet stock while doing this and found another one had a dull reflector too so showing filament lines :(

On the off chance, if anyone has any Quartet PC or F on their junk pile which they might be willing to sell for cannibalisation, please could you let me know. Two would be ideal provided the reflectors are in a decent state. Only the reflectors are needed (and mounting bracket as some later ones are riveted on to it) although I will pay for transportation of whole units if you prefer.

Just to make it clear this is a request to help keep some real lanterns in a real theatre going for a few more years. Before anyone says, I do remember the suggestion to look for soup spoons to fit the part but would rather have a last go to get some real parts if I can first.

Peter, Chesil Theatre, Winchester

• 3 weeks later...
In case anyone else is in a similar situation, Lichtboxx.com (Austria) carry some spares for various devices, including Strand. Ordered two Quartet PC reflectors and fitted them in the last couple of days and now you need sunglasses when these two are on (I exaggerate slightly)! The Quartet PC/F reflectors (which also fit Prelude and Minim) are polished metal (probably aluminium) and not sure if they are original or specially made (I suspect the latter). If the old reflector is riveted you will have to cut it off (which was quite easy) then bolt the new one into place using 3 x short bolt+nut. Works a treat. The only downside is the price 46.62 Euros + shipment + VAT each. However we have all our Quartets working fine now plus the Quartet F I bought just to steal its reflector now has a new one fitted and will be added to our stock after PAT testing.:rolleyes:

Hi peter

Fantastic find. Not even the end of January and I could spend my budget.

Am going to order two and have a look. Need about 14 new reflectors for my 14 year old quartets. Not cheap but congrats on finding a source for supply.

How do you find the quality? Same as before?

Eamon

How do you find the quality? Same as before?

Hello again Eamon - yes they were slightly bright compared to existing stock which have original and apparently OK reflectors but weren't cleaned last summer due to the ballet. The beam shape looked OK with no filament lines for example and focused fine.

Am going to order two and have a look. Need about 14 new reflectors for my 14 year old quartets. Not cheap but congrats on finding a source for supply.

I would give then a ring and tell them you are looking for 14 or so and would like to purchase 2 for evaluation initially. This will allow them to confirm they can source 14 and probably get you a bit of a discount compared to buying just two?

PS. I have absolutely no connection with this company

Archived