Magicq Activate/release question

gafferted

In a nutshell - can you stop the "Go" button from activating a playback?

I have a cue stack which is essentially a stack of different effects on some LED pars.

Does anyone know an easy way of scrolling though the stack to choose a cue before fading it up and activating it?

The "go" button for the playback does scroll though but also activates the playback. Is there a way to stop that so that the playback doesn't activate until I push up the fader or press the flash button?

I've tried setting "fader controls LTP" and "FX size" to "yes" and that does help but some effects still kick in to some extent when the PB is activated with the fader down.

Pressing "Shift/Go" goes backwards though the stack without activating so that's the workaround I'm using at present.

Without recording a Macro to your go button, no you can't change the function to stop activating the cue stack.

But... You've got a couple of options which might work for you:

-Triple press the 's' button, Under the fader options, set fader to control LTP channels to yes. No using the go button will still activate the stack, but your colour won't fade until you raise the fader.

Your colour will fade in on the fader now though.

-Use the stop button below the go button to go through your cue stack without activating the playback.

-Final option is to double press the 's' button to go into the cue stack, type the cue number you want then press the preload cue soft button at the top of the window.

Then when you raise the fader it'll be in the cue you want.

If you type the cue number before pressing GO, it will play that cue. Or you can double-click the S button on the playback to show the cues, click the cue you want, and press the GOTO CUE soft button to do the same thing. There are probably other alternatives but I don't think one of them is to disable the GO button?

Thanks guys. The stop button appears to do the same Shift/Go so that's a handy tip.

As are the others of course!

But I really want to keep the main cue stack selected (it's Panto) and use other playbacks to busk in chases etc. so for this job stop button is the way to go I think.

Another option is to use the skip forward or back buttons above the Crossfade master when the pb is selected, but not that helpful to you if you want to keep your main list selected.

Could you assign a 'skip forward' macro to the go button of that pb?

Archived