Martin M1 ASCII ?

RodolpheStar

Currently, there is no special piece of software that will magically convert an ETC Express show to an M-Series show. M-Series cannot currently read ASCII files either unfortunately.

The only way to do it is to re-program it. Or use the DMX IN functionality on the M1 to LOAD the DMX values into the programmer and re-store the cues.

Thanks.

I think that most showfiles are exclusive to the board that programmed it really. I guess its easy enough to store a patch and a series of dimmer cues and output as an ascii file that can be read by another desk, but consider how each type stores and manipulates information - timings, offsets, fixture files, tracking etc I am not surprised its not possible. You will even get problems between desks of the same brand sometimes.

Express(ion) Offline will convert Express(ion) show files into ASCII format, which can be read by many consoles.

It can also convert the other direction.

While I wouldn't do an ASCII transfer between console families and run the show immediately, this process gets you much, much further than DMX capture could theoretically manage.

- For a start, it gives you the patch and basic in/out/wait timing.

ETC Eos Family consoles have on-console ASCII export and import, while Congo and Cobalt are natively ASCII.

Archived