Furse EDM Dimmers…

SceneMaster

Hi, what analogue control wire convention do these dimmers use… At school we have a pulsar desk running them and as far as I am aware the control cables are straight through 8pin dins so are not adapting the pin out. This would suggest that the dimmers use the pulsar convention rather than the zero88 convention. I am making up a control cable for my Light Commander 12/2 (as mentioned in another topic) and I am wiring the Dins in Zero88 configuration as this is the most common analogue control pin out and dare I say it nearly industry standard. I need to know whether I need to make a further adaptor box to control these dimmers from my zero88 convention wired control line.

To cut a long story short are Furse EDM dimmers Zero88 or Pulsar pinout convention…

Thanks,

Hi, what analogue control wire convention do these dimmers use… At school we have a pulsar desk running them and as far as I am aware the control cables are straight through 8pin dins so are not adapting the pin out. This would suggest that the dimmers use the pulsar convention rather than the zero88 convention. I am making up a control cable for my Light Commander 12/2 (as mentioned in another topic) and I am wiring the Dins in Zero88 configuration as this is the most common analogue control pin out and dare I say it nearly industry standard. I need to know whether I need to make a further adaptor box to control these dimmers from my zero88 convention wired control line.

To cut a long story short are Furse EDM dimmers Zero88 or Pulsar pinout convention…

Thanks,

Hopefully this page on our web site will help:

http://stagetec.co.uk/php/index.php?sectio...&contentid=1228

Thanks,

Hopefully this page on our web site will help:

http://stagetec.co.uk/php/index.php?sectio...&contentid=1228

Yes this says Furse is Zero88 Convention... but how come our pulsar desk runs them and the leads are not adaptor leads but straight through standard 8pin din leads...?

Yes this says Furse is Zero88 Convention... but how come our pulsar desk runs them and the leads are not adaptor leads but straight through standard 8pin din leads...?

Sorry, can't really answer that. As far as I know the info on our web site is accurate, it could be that someone has re-wired the sockets on the Pulsar or Furse equipment at some point in the past.

Sorry, can't really answer that. As far as I know the info on our web site is accurate, it could be that someone has re-wired the sockets on the Pulsar or Furse equipment at some point in the past.

Ok well the simple solution is to make two adaptors to pulsar from Z88 standard then if the packs work on Z88 standard anyway then I won't need them they have to be either Z88 or Pulsar standard as the pack or the desk must have been changed to the other standard for them to work with straight leads together. I am guessing though it would have been easier on the pack rather than the desk which is basically one big PCB and the pack would have been easily rewired for the pulsar standard.

Thanks anyway…

Archived