QSC HPR181i

bamba

Hi everybody!

I currently have 4 QSC HPR181i's (18" active subs). And looking at getting another 4. However they have been discontinued and are difficult to find.

Does anyone have any experience with any similar single 18" active subs.

I've been looking at;

Electro Voice ELX118P

RCF SUB 8004-AS

Yamaha DSR118

Thanks in advanced!

It's unlikely to be a good idea to have two different sets of subs playing the same programme material together. Differences in phase and frequency response will mess up your sound. Obviously if you're buying the new subs for a different rig you won't have that problem, but it can still be helpful to keep common inventory so you can put everything together if you have to.

I'm not sure what the second hand demand for your current models is like but it may be worth selling them and buying a batch of 8 new subs. What top speakers are you running with them?

It's unlikely to be a good idea to have two different sets of subs playing the same programme material together. Differences in phase and frequency response will mess up your sound. Obviously if you're buying the new subs for a different rig you won't have that problem, but it can still be helpful to keep common inventory so you can put everything together if you have to.

I'm not sure what the second hand demand for your current models is like but it may be worth selling them and buying a batch of 8 new subs. What top speakers are you running with them?

We currently use the QSC HPR152i Tops. although at times we compliment with K12's and Ksubs for fills/extra sub.

As we have four QSC subs at the moment its unlikely that we would need to use more than 4 subs for any gig. (as we have a larger Meyer UPA system which goes on bigger gigs).

as it stands we have 8 of the tops, so an extra 4 active 18" subs to go with them would be great.

Archived