The use of Safeties

mikienorth

An interesting thread, probably the best on here so far.

I raised the 'concern' privately with Nick, and I defend his right to air his opinion (as if he needs me to defend it....) and although I actually agree with him in certain areas, only under specific circumstances that many people here may not experience.

However, I was concerned that the views of an experienced person could rub off on people without the resources or working in a smaller scale than Nick might.

A two motor advance truss typically will need something to guard against failure to be 'reasonable' in law, a multi point system may not.

I contend that a large proportion of BRs are in the former rather than the latter category most of the time.

Of course there are disclaimers all over the place and no-one in their right mind would try and use opinions from an internet forum as a justification or a defence.

Equally I disagree with the 'danger - hot coffee' thinking and feel that we are all being encouraged to shy away from taking responsibility for our actions.

But come on, chaps, read some of the posts there are on here..!

I do believe opinion is absorbed, especially qualified opinion; this is a seminar from within the industry and as such we should recognise that it is taken more seriously than perhaps it should be or ought to be, no matter how useful or well intentioned the views expressed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived