Best hazer?

BigYinUK

Trying to use an MVS today, nice haze quality but as hinted above getting it to work on DMX seems to require black magic. After various combinations of multiple button presses as instructed by the unclear manual, it got into a mode where it was showing the desk control value on the display but producing max haze even though it was set at zero.

so its not just me then. when it does "work" on DMX, it takes forever to respond, and seems to just air lock if you turn it on and off twice in a show.

I had an MVS for 4 years and I really liked it but it was not without issues.

I could never seem to get it to remember its DMX address so this had to be set before every show. Also, it is a little slow to respond, they take a lot of getting used to and careful cueing if you need haze on demand.

The only serious issue I had was about 3 years into it's life a copper bolt which transferred the heat to the pipework cracked and needed to be replaced which I am told was a pig of a job by the service techs :)

Whilst it was off being fixed I got a unique 2 in and, although it is a solid hazer, I never liked it as much as the mvs. No control over direction and it produced a very thick haze, although as you are rock 'n' roll that may not be such as issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Smoke Factory Tour Hazer II is great! Mike at Smoke Factory UK is extremely friendly and helpful as well.

Hi all

As having a decent hazer at all our shows has now become critically important, we're considering buying one to tour with. I've had mixed results with hazers so just wondered what your thoughts were.

I had a Le Maitre a while back but it didn't work more times than it did.

The Look Solutions Unique used to be well thought of although its a bit pricey.

Must be DMX controllable.

Here's what we're trying to create - BTW The torches are meant to look like torches as we're "searching" for Kate in the fog! Otherwise the haze is used just to catch the beams. It occurred to me that we might need the thicker smoke of a fogger rather than a hazer?

Any suggestions?

Archived