Being nice and sharing PA

paulears

..... .. in Cornwall for next summer, which is fine - but just noticed the address appears to be down a cavern, amongst the stalactites. ... So probably not worth worrying about reverb then?

What is the address?

My son lives in Cornwall and has done a few gigs in caverns there.

Perhaps he knows the one you will be using.

Cheers

Gerry

Carnglaze - the band played there before but that was before I joined. They said it's fine, just make sure you look at the floor, and if there's a little dimple, that's where the stalactites drip, so don't put anything there. Sounds like fun - Talon are on in the new year, so it seems popular. I'm quite keen on the slightly quirky venues. We played a show in Grimsby last year in an old methodist chapel, and the stage was about 12 feet high, and looking down was eerie.

We've sorted the original query, so if folk wish to digress here, fine with me. Any other unusual or plain strange places people do shows in?

During the late 80s (IIRC), Spitbank Fort was always an interesting one! Once you've shifted your equipment from a small, heaving boat, onto a small slippery iron platform, the several sets narrow twisty sets of steps ahead seem like a rest! And don't mention the reverererererererb! After doing the get-ot in the dark the first time, we refused to ever do it again so we spent a few nights there.

They've done a lot of work on it and I understand that it is much better these days. I'd like to go back for a look, but without a PA system.

Archived