Image output correction?

SoLiEn

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have a projector, which is permantly installed, off centre from the middle of the auditorium, but it has no keystone or correct ability

Is there a software solution to this? I need something I can use to keystone the projector and correct the image. I am reasonably tech savvy with these projectors, but having to correct the image coming out of them using other software is a new path for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

D

What video source are you feeding it?

There are a number of ways of doing this but it depends where the signal is coming from.

If you are feeding from a PC with an NVidia chipset, there is a little free utility called NVKeystone which will do it for you. Or there are various paid solutions with media server software such as Resolume.

If you are using stand alone devices like DVD players then it is harder.

Thers a number of hardware geometry correcting boxes available, and you also have cornerpinning etc built into most kramer presentation scalers, but nothing particularly cheap, nothing beats actually putting the projector in the right place and if you cant using one with sufficient lens shift to correct it optically or at worst suffieient horizontal keystone or corner pinning to sort it out. sometimes its just done wrong in the first placeand youd be better off doing it right than trying to bend it back into shape which is never as good...

Archived