Triggering sound cues

Just Some Bloke

How about one of these:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/powermate

It's a "USB Button" (which is also twistable like a jog wheel). Programmable driver, so it can be made to emulate any key press in any application.

I'm aware of several applications where it's the only user-accessible control - the one that comes to mind is "one button studio", which is a sort of video-booth recording facility, with a mac mini behind ther scenes.

Absolutely the sort of thing I was after. It would be perfect if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't like Windows 7 or 8. Is there anything similar that does like later versions of Windows?

Hi

IMO using any computer is massively overkill. Even a Pi.

You could knock something up in about 10 minutes with an Arduino Uno and an MP3 shield, simply load your tracks onto a microSD card, stick some switches across a couple of IO pins (no resistors required - you can use the internal pullups) and away you go.

All the best

Timmeh.

Depending on the quality and lenght of the files....

I have had an arduino playing sound files from relay contact for a kid's playpark feature in a restaurant complex for 13 months now with no reboot....

There is a WAV sheild available that you just load an SD card with WAV files and like an IO to trigger a track number.

cheap and simple.

Link-Link-A-Roo!

Archived