LED Pars - Recommendations Please...

gregog

There's that, I believe they're also made of something a bit more economic owing to the fact they're no longer being blasted with 1kW of par can- 90% of it being in heat form!

I agree that through the spectrum, tungsten and LED do not perform at the same temperature. There is also the issue that LED temp is constant through the dimmer curve, tungsten can reduce in temperature at lower levels. (Although I have done an ma2 macro to make some led fixtures perform like tungsten in that sense - I will chuck it on MA share at some point if anyone wants it, I'm sure you could adapt it to other fixtures with a bit of playing).

But trying to calibrate your fixtures roughly is a step in the right direction. With mix able c/w and w/w fixtures, you could always calibrate against a white wall with gels in, and then save the white mix as a palette under the colour gel that it pairs up to.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived