EV ELX

emountford15

Hi All,

Im not a sound guy at all, I can just about mix a band!

Im after buying a sound system for small outdoor events (Mainly fetes,summer fairs).

I have a 2k budget (roughly) , And stumbled across the EV ELX Series (Passive And Active). These were on "Thomann" , So I cant demo them, However I couldn't tell the difference anyway!

I would also buy the Behringer iNuke DSP amps to power them!

Ive been looking at either 2 x Dual 15" Full range speakers and 2 x 18" Subs

OR

2 x 15" Tops and 4 x 18" Subs

Could any help me please? Or suggest any other brands! I have looked at Power Dynamic stuff from Electromarket , Buy not sure! The Dual 18" subs did sound great!!

Many Thanks

Elliott Mountford

Hi All,

Im not a sound guy at all, I can just about mix a band!

Im after buying a sound system for small outdoor events (Mainly fetes,summer fairs).

I have a 2k budget (roughly) , And stumbled across the EV ELX Series (Passive And Active). These were on "Thomann" , So I cant demo them, However I couldn't tell the difference anyway!

I would also buy the Behringer iNuke DSP amps to power them!

Ive been looking at either 2 x Dual 15" Full range speakers and 2 x 18" Subs

OR

2 x 15" Tops and 4 x 18" Subs

Could any help me please? Or suggest any other brands! I have looked at Power Dynamic stuff from Electromarket , Buy not sure! The Dual 18" subs did sound great!!

Many Thanks

Elliott Mountford

cart before horse - what is going through the PA and how big an area are you covering? remembering that any outdoor PA needs to be 3 or 4 times the size of an indoor equivalent coverage area. start with the purpose and size and work from there.

Archived