Cable labels

Alec97

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to use heat shrink over the top of avery heavy duty labels on power cables because it's going to be too much hassle to take a connector of each lead I have hundreds and don't have the time to do it so I'm looking for another solution, I've seen some companies using a wraparound type label almost like thick transparent tape with the label imbedded in it and it looks to be the best option for me but I don't know where to look to buy them.

I've gone for avery heavy duty silver labels for my gear and XLR's with 19mm 3:1 ratio heatshrink over it but for power leads I need another option.

Any help much appreciated :)

Thank's

I've used the brady ptouch wrap around laminated labels in the past. The machine and labels are very expensive, but work had one, so I wasn't going to argue :-)

One thing I've found is that after much flexing of the cable the adhesive peels away between the label and cable, the label itself becomes scrumpled (though doesn't peel off) and you end up with a gooey, sticky mess. I think this is because the label doesn't flex as much as the cable does and therefore something has to give, and it ends up being the adhesive. These are vinyl labels so are about as flexible as you're going to get.

Would it not be easier to put a more common dymo label, or even engraving, on the connectors?

Archived