12v Motor help

Gazlights

Hello Blue Room,

Quick question I was hoping someone might be able to give me a bit of advice, I am working with a load of Morpheus colourfade CMY scrollers at the moment and I've got a few units that keep tripping out on the PSU.

Generally I think this happens when one of the motors is on it's way out and needs replacing but out of the three I have no idea which one it may be as they all still work until it trips.

Can anyone suggest how I can find out which one may be the problem? maybe with a multimeter...?

If your multi-meter can do it, wire it in series to measure the current that each motor is pulling. Failing that, wire a low-Ohm resistor in series with the motor and measure the voltage across the resistor. Compare a few motors and any that are pulling too much current should become apparent. As to why they are pulling too much current, that could be down to the motor brushes needing a clean or maybe there is something mechanically wrong with the scroller. Hope this helps.

Hello Blue Room,

Quick question I was hoping someone might be able to give me a bit of advice, I am working with a load of Morpheus colourfade CMY scrollers at the moment and I've got a few units that keep tripping out on the PSU.

Generally I think this happens when one of the motors is on it's way out and needs replacing but out of the three I have no idea which one it may be as they all still work until it trips.

Can anyone suggest how I can find out which one may be the problem? maybe with a multimeter...?

I am not sure about how to troubleshoot this particular problem but if you need any Colorfader spares I have a load of bits that I no longer use.

Out of interest where do you buy the scrolls?

Tim

Archived