db-Mark DP48IV

Stezstyx

Morning all, I bought one of these units last year, the build quality is very good and it sounds great too for a reasonable price, It's not a KT 9048 but as I didn't have a spare 3k laid around it's a reasonable substitute.

I was aware that being from China the UK service would be flakey and was a gamble but I had seen a few of these units in use in some venues. My Problem started 2 hours before a gig yesterday, after checking the patches I had programmed a while ago I added a few more for some more boxes all was fine then I shut down and left it for a while, came back to test my bi amped monitors before a gig and found the unit had decided it had password protection and completely locked me out I can't unmute or edit anything, including via the PC software. I am hoping somewhere out there in Blue room Land someone will know How to do a factory reset or how to flash new firmware in an attempt to trash the password. I tried contacted the guy I bought it off Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year so I'm a little in Limbo at the moment.

Is there anyone out there can help or point me in the right direction.

Guy

I'm guessing you got it from forteaudio (Tony wilkes)?

The other distributor for db mark products in the UK is the speakerplans member bee, it may be worth sending him a message on there and seeing if he can help at all

Archived