Traxon and ecue

tonyrr

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone was still using Traxon panels (pxl64).

I have recently purchased quite a lot of these panels and wondered if anyone would be interested in discussing possible uses.

I currently use 20 as a back wall on my mobile stage and use 8 panels as a DJ both but am interested to here from anyone who has more ideas.

Tony

Where I used to work had two palette "crates" full of these panels.

I spent so much time trying to convince clients to use them, then my boss would just price them way beyond any reasonable budget that in 7 years I worked there, I think they were used 4 times.

To top things off.. about 4 years ago an ex manager, decided that the e:cue usb dongle was a "broken pen drive" and binned it......... So we were instantly reduced to just 2 universes.

I have since got far more into and knowledgable in chamsys and magicq.. and own a console and some artnet nodes... meaning I have spent a while wanting to link the two together and try them out.

Where I tried very hard to "sell them" was on any gig that has cameras where just basic light forms and backgrounds are needed.. LED screens create some horrible "strobbing effects" in lenses and the traxon difusor really helped with that.

The biggest issue we had is that all the diffusers discolloured in the sun... they all went a horrible yellow/tobaco stained colour... This ment I spent a lot of times trying to group together ones which had coloured to the same degree.

We had great luck making things like "totems" at party entrances and things like that... say 2 or 3 modules high and just generally using them as "generic atmospheric lighting" for dinners and galas etc.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, Interesting story.

Not too bright throwing the dongle away. I like the idea of the totem pole, will try that.

Thanks

Tony

Where I used to work had two palette "crates" full of these panels.

I spent so much time trying to convince clients to use them, then my boss would just price them way beyond any reasonable budget that in 7 years I worked there, I think they were used 4 times.

To top things off.. about 4 years ago an ex manager, decided that the e:cue usb dongle was a "broken pen drive" and binned it......... So we were instantly reduced to just 2 universes.

I have since got far more into and knowledgable in chamsys and magicq.. and own a console and some artnet nodes... meaning I have spent a while wanting to link the two together and try them out.

Where I tried very hard to "sell them" was on any gig that has cameras where just basic light forms and backgrounds are needed.. LED screens create some horrible "strobbing effects" in lenses and the traxon difusor really helped with that.

The biggest issue we had is that all the diffusers discolloured in the sun... they all went a horrible yellow/tobaco stained colour... This ment I spent a lot of times trying to group together ones which had coloured to the same degree.

We had great luck making things like "totems" at party entrances and things like that... say 2 or 3 modules high and just generally using them as "generic atmospheric lighting" for dinners and galas etc.

Archived