Lighting hire in Yorkshire

lightsource

Hi all,

Have a show in October at The Barbican in York.

I may need to locally source 4x Martin Mac 600 and 2x Mac 250+ ( or equivalent Entour's Krypton's etc) for a dry hire, with Omega brackets, as all fixtures are flown.

As I'm not local to the venue, I will need delivery of the fixtures at load in time, to the venue, and collection, either on the night after the show finishes, or via pre-determined arrangement with myself the hirer, and the venue.

Any heads up on local suppliers would be great, I've already contacted Die Hard Productions, so they are in the mix ;)

Still waiting to hear back from the venue itself, as this would be the best solution for me, but just looking around at the moment to see what the options are :P

We've just rented some MAC700s from Light The Way in Leeds for a visiting show - never used them before, but their service seemed good and the kit was in good nick. It's the other side of Yorkshire, I know - but maybe helpful?

Zig Zag Lighting are in Leeds but they're mainly a Robe house. Coni also have plenty of kit in Leeds and I think sub hire back and forth with Zig Zag a lot. From memory we had some Coni Mac 600's sub hired via Zig Zag, so I'm pretty sure they've got some.

Also you could give Rock-Tech a call. They don't list their hire stock on their website, but they definitely have movers and are in York.

Archived