Help with Light Hire

naeco55

I'm considering starting a business to hire lighting and stage equipment. I have a pretty good base knowlegde about the equipment and am in an area where demand would be high. (Los Angeles) I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions in how to get a venture like this started. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

People tend to pretty loyal to specific companies, especially among AmDram companies who you should do good business with. So offer them good prices, knock stuff off for them, give them advice, and generally butter them up. Take into account their needs - it might make life easier for them if you drop stuff off and pick it up, so offer to do that.

Make sure you've a decent stock of the basics, and consider doing sales for lanterns, lamps, desks and the like. You can probably throw a slight markup on them, and if people like you they'll still come back for more.

But I'd say your first step would be mailshotting all+every potential customers, maybe with a first-order discount or similar. Get 'em in the door.

--N

you might get better replies if you posted in an american forum. this one is based in the UK and as such most people in here are probably not very knowledgable in setting up buisnesses in the USA but would be great if you were in the UK.

no offence is intended to anyone by this post but I thought it was worth pointing out that better replies would come from an american forum.

Ben

Archived