Gam Film FX

mar

My boss is quite keen on a moving cloud projection for our next play and in my mind the best way to achieve this would be a gamfilm fx. The problem I am having is that I can't find anyone listing them for sale on the web anymore. I know of a few places that list them for hire, but this is something we are keen to buy as gamfilms would be useful long term for rain, snow, etc.

Does anyone know of anyone who might have them for sale, either new or second hand?

Equally if anyone has better/alternative ideas, then I'm keen to hear them.

As ever, money is not infinite, the order of a few hundred tops probably.

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, we had one but it went in the skip last year, it only fitted SL's and I think Source 4's (and we got rid of our hire SL's about 10 years ago) from memory.

Whilst it looked nice as a piece of kit, we never seemed to get it to work in a lantern as well as an animation disk and gobo combination or a VSFX drive.

Depending on the image size, throw and brightness of the cloud image that you need - it might be worth considering video projection of a loop of clouds?

I fear video projection is out of reach for us - the cyc is 8m x 5m and the scene is bright daytime, so our existing projector is not going to be man enough for that.

I know they only fit S4 and SL, but already own a few SLs and could always use more of either. I'm looking into the spotlight effects projector that AC sell to see whether that will do the job - looks like a VSFX like device.

I've fired off an email to rosco to see if they know of anyone.

We have some on hire from Whitelight. It may be that they bought them specifically for us but it's certainly worth a try. They are also quick to get in the actual film loops when we require replacements (They actually last quite some time) We use ours with Discharge S4's.

HTH

Archived