AKG SR4000

wpg3121

Hi All,

The school I am currently working at has numerous channels of AKG SR4000 radio microphone waiting to be disposed of ,they hope on ebay, but I thought that as they were channel 69 they should be agile enough to move onto channel 70 so they can keep at most four. The base of the receiver says they go from 835,0 to 865,0 which encompasses channel 70 but, the highest I am able to tune the receiver is 861,9.

Has anyone come across this before and has any idea why this is the case?

Thanks

Hi All,

The school I am currently working at has numerous channels of AKG SR4000 radio microphone waiting to be disposed of ,they hope on ebay, but I thought that as they were channel 69 they should be agile enough to move onto channel 70 so they can keep at most four. The base of the receiver says they go from 835,0 to 865,0 which encompasses channel 70 but, the highest I am able to tune the receiver is 861,9.

Has anyone come across this before and has any idea why this is the case?

The service manual for these says 835-863 so I suspect the sticker on the bottom is just wrong. The deregulated band is from 863 to 865, radio mic channels are typically 200KHz wide so the first usable frequency in the deregulated band would be 863.100.

When channel 69 was in service the frequencies you could use it in were set and the highest one that was allowed was 861.750, so actually I wouldn't have expected an old channel 69 only set to tune any higher than that, however maybe they had another market when 861.900 was useful and just produced the one version of the hardware.

Archived