Chamsys cue execution and cuestack macros

Manuel1975

I want to know how Chamsys handles information stored in cues vs cuestack macros.

I want to start a cuestack in the cue stack store and have it release it self. Typing f <cuestacknumber> in the cue macro field does this. If this happens: Does Chamsys first execute the information in the cue and then execute the macro? Or does it execute both things simultaneously and could theoretically the macro release the cuestack before it's command is executed. In other words:

can I be 100% shure the cue is executed when it's set to release itself (providing there are no fade times in the cue. )

I want to know how Chamsys handles information stored in cues vs cuestack macros.

I want to start a cuestack in the cue stack store and have it release it self. Typing f <cuestacknumber> in the cue macro field does this. If this happens: Does Chamsys first execute the information in the cue and then execute the macro? Or does it execute both things simultaneously and could theoretically the macro release the cuestack before it's command is executed. In other words:

can I be 100% shure the cue is executed when it's set to release itself (providing there are no fade times in the cue. )

Manuel - although James at Chamsys sometimes monitors this forum, you might be better off putting your question onto the Chamsys support forum itself?

If you wish to be entirely sure, you can create another cue which automatically will jump to the next step..

eg cue 6 in you're stack is the last one you wish to run.... in this one dont have any macro information..

record another empty cue (7 in this case) Just hit clear, record and select the submaster... and in this one you have the macro run...

BUT what you do is get cue 6 to run and then automatically carry on to cue 7... see the "halt" section of the cuestack and manual.

Also an extra tip.. when you do things like that... instead of letting it automatically be named cue 7... re-name it to (for example) 6.1 or 6.5 or something else... try to keep whole numbers as an indication of a "go" or main step and the decimals as stages within a go.

It just helps you out when you need to edit things later or debug any issues.

Archived