Cheap and cheerful carpet

Thomas1987

Hi all,

Looking to bulk purchase cheap and cheerful dark carpet. Looking to carpet a room/stage around 30 metres by 15 metres for as cheap as possible. Ideally it would be reused, but may be too trashed, thus why as cheap as possible.

Anyone got any suppliers they can recommend? Used condition is fine.

1398429306[/url]' post='498450']

Hi all,

Looking to bulk purchase cheap and cheerful dark carpet. Looking to carpet a room/stage around 30 metres by 15 metres for as cheap as possible. Ideally it would be reused, but may be too trashed, thus why as cheap as possible.

Anyone got any suppliers they can recommend? Used condition is fine.

Is this carpet going to be taken up and put down again regularly? I can recommend softfloor.co.uk who do a nice line in interlocking carpet tiles, which is massively less fiddly than rolls.

For single use carpet, look for 'exhibition carpet' , it's very cheap and pretty tough but not a very nice quality. In a plain colour it's great but not the kin of thing you want in your living room!

"Marquee" carpet aka "Exhibition carpet" is around £1.25/m2 and thus about as cheap as you'll get - It's fine for about 7 days of actual footfall (whether that's 2 x 3 day events, 1 x 7day event or 7 x 1day event) being taken up and relaid inbetween events. Downside is whilst it looks great it doesn't "feel" like carpet as it's only actually about 5mm thick.

Would that be suitable?

Plenty of the big Christian summer festivals use the stuff. Soul Survivor week A carpet out a whole hall of a showground. There's quite a lot of carpet there! My understanding is that after a week of use it gets binned (I know somebody brought a car boot load of the stuff back to Leeds for when he does youth events in churches with hard stone floors - he may have just nicked it though!).

Spring Harvest has just been and gone, and I'm not sure if they carpet the place or not, but it may be worth dropping them a line. Having sat in the hall at Soul Survivor plenty of times I can say that some areas of it (taped out walkways) will be fairly trashed, but the large areas where people sit should still be pretty ok. Remember it's surrounded by muddy fields so you may want to hire a wet & dry carpet vac for a weekend.

Plenty of the big Christian summer festivals use the stuff. Soul Survivor week A carpet out a whole hall of a showground. There's quite a lot of carpet there! My understanding is that after a week of use it gets binned (I know somebody brought a car boot load of the stuff back to Leeds for when he does youth events in churches with hard stone floors - he may have just nicked it though!).

Spring Harvest has just been and gone, and I'm not sure if they carpet the place or not, but it may be worth dropping them a line. Having sat in the hall at Soul Survivor plenty of times I can say that some areas of it (taped out walkways) will be fairly trashed, but the large areas where people sit should still be pretty ok. Remember it's surrounded by muddy fields so you may want to hire a wet & dry carpet vac for a weekend.

Carpeting like this is usually done by marquee contractors. The ones in my area always have piles of the stuff which they will give away or sell for very little. Look up your local marquee folks.

Just FYI - generally it doesn't wet-n-dry vac very well; even over-vigorous hoovering does more damage than good as it is very much designed to be "disposable" so whilst I absolutely agree with the idea of finding some second hand you do need to choose pieces that are good enough to use straight away as you are unlikely to be able to clean it in any meaningful way.

Soul Survivor week A carpet out a whole hall of a showground. There's quite a lot of carpet there! My understanding is that after a week of use it gets binned

I think its safe to assume they do chuck it given the times iv been there doing drapes no one has objected to the scissor lifts and cherry pickers tearing half of it up on the load out.

Archived