EV Q1212

KevinE

Bosch will now only supply diagrams to main dealers.

This is why I have sold all my EV - no more UK support for professional users. The last time I tried to order parts I got put onto a support phone line in Germany and was speaking to tech support over there. They weren't very supportive basically saying 'send it to us and we'll fix it'. Er, no thanks, I know what I'm doing with a speaker recone...

I will NEVER buy or specify EV again because of this poor experience - and I LIKE their stuff.

TBH It's not only Bosch, alot of euro manufacturers are consolidating all service & support back to the continent. It wouldn't have hurt them to have put it on a downloads page like Crest, QSC, Crown and others!!

I wonder what they gain by this policy?

If someone is wanting to rip off the design, they'll just buy an amp to reverse engineer, it's not going to stop them.

Our experience of EV has also been soured recently. It's a pity, because back in the Shuttlesound days they were delightful to deal with. Indeed Shuttlesound were the first people to allow me to open a trade credit account, and they reaped the benefits in the years that followed. It seems that Bosch are only interested in you if you will be ordering by the container load.

I wonder what they gain by this policy?

If someone is wanting to rip off the design, they'll just buy an amp to reverse engineer, it's not going to stop them.

It's a lot easier if you can just download the schematics though. Preventing cloning of designs is a big concern now, especially for "hardware only" products like this.

Couple of points to be aware of here.

All Electrovoice/Dynacord schematics should be available through an authorised EV/DC Reseller. Find your nearest dealer and make the request. This isn't to do with cloning of product but more to do with making sure information is channeled through authorised routes to market. Bosch now have a very strong UK Reseller base in the UK and need to make sure the quality of service is kept to a high standard, this is why all requests are channeled this way.

If you are a pro-user in the UK you will get support from the UK office. A network of Pro-Resellers/Users in the UK that can also be of help.

If you require out of warranty spares then you will need to source these through an authorised EV/DC Reseller.

If you believe you have warranty issue (3 years on speaker product 5 years on amps/DSP/Mixers) then you need to have your EV/DC supplier contact ASA service in Germany to collect and repair the unit. If in warranty this is no cost to you.

With regards to re-coning.... there are several companies in the UK that offer this service such as Wembley Loudspeakers, 10 out of 10 etc....

For those trade users wishing to purchase single items of product that would not qualify for an account. There is a strong Sub Distribution channel that you can purchase through. Companies such as Audio Logic in Harlow, AC Entertainment in High Wycombe and Leeds and Leisuretec in Leighton Buzzard.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Couple of points to be aware of here.

All Electrovoice/Dynacord schematics should be available through an authorised EV/DC Reseller. Find your nearest dealer and make the request. This isn't to do with cloning of product but more to do with making sure information is channeled through authorised routes to market. Bosch now have a very strong UK Reseller base in the UK and need to make sure the quality of service is kept to a high standard, this is why all requests are channeled this way.

If you are a pro-user in the UK you will get support from the UK office. A network of Pro-Resellers/Users in the UK that can also be of help.

If you require out of warranty spares then you will need to source these through an authorised EV/DC Reseller.

If you believe you have warranty issue (3 years on speaker product 5 years on amps/DSP/Mixers) then you need to have your EV/DC supplier contact ASA service in Germany to collect and repair the unit. If in warranty this is no cost to you.

With regards to re-coning.... there are several companies in the UK that offer this service such as Wembley Loudspeakers, 10 out of 10 etc....

For those trade users wishing to purchase single items of product that would not qualify for an account. There is a strong Sub Distribution channel that you can purchase through. Companies such as Audio Logic in Harlow, AC Entertainment in High Wycombe and Leeds and Leisuretec in Leighton Buzzard.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Jay, thanks for your post. This does clear a few things up.

You have clearly stated that competent professional users cannot get spare parts from the mothership or the UK distributor ("authorised EV/DC reseller"). Warranty repairs have to go back to Germany for repair. Regarding re-coning, you are recommending third parties. This is very clear.

However, it does not correspond to your second paragraph statement which is "If you are a pro-user in the UK you will get support from the UK office". I do not feel that having to go to a re-seller for spares, warranty repair going overseas, and third parties for re-coning qualifies as "support from the UK office".

When I needed a re-coning kit, I was unable to get it from EV either in the UK or in Germany. I am a competent engineer (in the technical sense, not a tech operator sense), who has worked in professional audio for 20 years. I felt hugely aggreived having to go to a third party re-coner in order to get my loudspeaker system working again. Following this I sold ALL my EV product and will not specify or recommend it ever again. I replaced the EV system with another brand which does NOT sound as good out of the box, but which with some DSP tweaking (which I am, again, sufficiently competent to do correctly) is now acceptable.

I understand what it is like working for an organisation with poor local support. I have been there, and it is not pleasant.

Dave.

All Electrovoice/Dynacord schematics should be available through an authorised EV/DC Reseller. Find your nearest dealer and make the request. This isn't to do with cloning of product but more to do with making sure information is channeled through authorised routes to market.

If EV aren't worried about keeping the schematics confidential, what is gained by having an "authorised route to market" here? All it does is puts hurdles in the way of competent repairers, and wastes the time of the authorised dealers, who I'm sure have better things to be doing than handling every request for a schematic. Why not just stick them on a download page of the website?

Jay, thanks for your post. This does clear a few things up.

You have clearly stated that competent professional users cannot get spare parts from the mothership or the UK distributor ("authorised EV/DC reseller"). Warranty repairs have to go back to Germany for repair. Regarding re-coning, you are recommending third parties. This is very clear.

However, it does not correspond to your second paragraph statement which is "If you are a pro-user in the UK you will get support from the UK office". I do not feel that having to go to a re-seller for spares, warranty repair going overseas, and third parties for re-coning qualifies as "support from the UK office".

When I needed a re-coning kit, I was unable to get it from EV either in the UK or in Germany. I am a competent engineer (in the technical sense, not a tech operator sense), who has worked in professional audio for 20 years. I felt hugely aggreived having to go to a third party re-coner in order to get my loudspeaker system working again. Following this I sold ALL my EV product and will not specify or recommend it ever again. I replaced the EV system with another brand which does NOT sound as good out of the box, but which with some DSP tweaking (which I am, again, sufficiently competent to do correctly) is now acceptable.

I understand what it is like working for an organisation with poor local support. I have been there, and it is not pleasant.

Dave.

Dave....

Competent professional users can get spare parts from the 'mothership', you obtain them from your preferred EV Supplier. We have thousands of professional end users currently operating this way with spares, warranty and re-coning in the UK. If you are competent enough to do the re-cone job yourself, you can purchase a re-cone kit through your preferred EV Supplier or through one of the Trade distributors such as those mentioned in my initial post. I am not recommending any particular 3rd party company as a repair centre just am aware of those that do offer the service as mentioned above.

Yes Warranty repairs have to go back to Germany unless the product has failed or was faulty very early after purchase (30 days) in which case Bosch would offer a brand new replacement. The Warranty/repair service is usually very efficient and turn around is usually around 10 days including collection are re-delivery.

I'm guessing that you purchased your EV product through a particular re-seller (or maybe 2nd hand?) as if you had a direct account you would have been in touch with the UK office.

I'm sorry that you felt hugely aggrieved by your experience but I am posting here to make some information known. I know there are other threads on Blue Room where people have had good experiences with our service department.

I can vouch for the warranty return system being pretty good. One of my 4 ZLX12P monitors failed. The warranty repair was arranged through my reseller and the unit was picked up next day and was back to me in just over a week with the amplifier module replaced.

Quite happy with that.

Dave....

Competent professional users can get spare parts from the 'mothership', you obtain them from your preferred EV Supplier.

Jay; with respect, this was not my experience.

I do hope things are as good as you state for other users, however, I have finished with the brand due to my particular experience.

Dave.

Archived