CAT 5 Systems - What are you using?

I have Databay's 301 series. I've had it a few years without issue. I use F/UTP CAT5e along the walls (as it were) and then ready made Neutrik ended interconnectors to get to the final location as it is nice and flexible. I'm running it about 150m max so well inside the top resolution specs.

HTH

Hi

I'm Using an ATEN CE-220L KVM Extender running approx 45mtrs with excellent results with both VGA and XVGA

PJ

P.S, I have used Andrews system at his location and can second his system as well

We have used Extron MTP and Magenta Research for a number of years. I prefer the extron stuff over Magenta primarily from a build quality stand point. One of the MTP ranges receivers also has a neat set of LED's on the front that tell you what type of signal you are getting to the receiver which makes troubleshooting SOOO much easier.

I don't know if I am being 'simple' but I have always had good fortune in Lindy products. They are more expensive than similar looking devices you can find on ebay or CPC, but I have always found them to be good quality over long distances and fairly robust units too.

In a previous install we had VGA over Cat5 and USB over Cat 5 on Lindy boxes with about 140m of cable in between and faultless interaction between all the devices, albeit we were not running the media server in HD but that was more about it's own processing than that of the Cat5 system.

Archived