Identify this Truss

andyparcans

Hi, we are due to install extra truss into a venue, they have acquired a stock of this truss and we need to add to it if possible

please see pic, any suggestions would be great.

many thanks

http://www.therig.co.uk/ImageHosting/IMAG0539.jpg

That would appear to be Slick Litebeam, in black. If you're in Brum that's very practical, since Total are based in Brum as well and Slick are a Total brand.

http://www.slick-tru...ts/products.php

Unlike many brands of 'Egg Truss' (IE Prolyte, Milos, Litec, Eurotruss, Global, etc); Litebeam is different in that the 'eggs' (conical connectors) are captive in one end. All the others, the conical connector can come out of both ends. It looks like an egg hence the name egg truss!

Also remember if they've 'acquired' this truss, and it'll be used for lifting, you have a legal responsibility to ensure it was given a detailed inspection during the handover. LOLER requires this when equipment is sold from one party to another. If this hasn't been done you may want to consider getting it done! Happy to provide names if you want, but I'm sure Total would do it for you if you asked nicely and were buying a load more off them already.

As a small aside, what are those box section brackets U-Bolted to the truss doing? (As shown in the pic). Just watch out where they're bolted on, in that one bottomin the pic, the U-Bolt seems to have ridden up the diagonal tube, the diagonals aren't load bearing so just mindful of that if you have a few of these, if they're allowed to ride up those diagonals and put weight on them it could damage the truss. Make sure the U-Bolt sits in the gap between the two, as in the example top of picture.

That would appear to be Slick Litebeam, in black. If you're in Brum that's very practical, since Total are based in Brum as well and Slick are a Total brand.

http://www.slick-tru...ts/products.php

Unlike many brands of 'Egg Truss' (IE Prolyte, Milos, Litec, Eurotruss, Global, etc); Litebeam is different in that the 'eggs' (conical connectors) are captive in one end. All the others, the conical connector can come out of both ends. It looks like an egg hence the name egg truss!

Also remember if they've 'acquired' this truss, and it'll be used for lifting, you have a legal responsibility to ensure it was given a detailed inspection during the handover. LOLER requires this when equipment is sold from one party to another. If this hasn't been done you may want to consider getting it done! Happy to provide names if you want, but I'm sure Total would do it for you if you asked nicely and were buying a load more off them already.

As a small aside, what are those box section brackets U-Bolted to the truss doing? (As shown in the pic). Just watch out where they're bolted on, in that one bottomin the pic, the U-Bolt seems to have ridden up the diagonal tube, the diagonals aren't load bearing so just mindful of that if you have a few of these, if they're allowed to ride up those diagonals and put weight on them it could damage the truss. Make sure the U-Bolt sits in the gap between the two, as in the example top of picture.

Hi Topcat, great many thanks for info, I will contact Total for info etc. I understand this was part of a flown truss system, but I have only had access to take pic, and not inspect all items, I will as you state get this all inspected prior to install re best practice.

cheers

Bearing in mind where you are, if you talk to them about some extra bits why not ask them to check what you have - they're so close it makes sense for them to do everything = as in how much to buy X and Y, and check what we have please!

Archived