Interesting Stuff!

is this er...

April Fool perhaps? Notice the 1st April date

Just like the email we all received from the PSA this morning regarding inexpensive hearing protection. (had me for about 15 seconds)

:P :(

TBH from what I keep on hearing about ITV this doesn't strike me as an April Fool at all... They seem to be a bad company to work for at the moment, probably second only to Sky (apparantly, I add!).

They seem to be getting rid of staff like it's going out of fashion. I can't remember how many they got rid of at Meridian (why we call our regions by their names anymore I don't know seeing as they all owned by the same company now!) but it was alot.

Mind you, the Beeb is getting rid of lots of staff too.

Stu

or is it that the BBC and ITV are having a little game of tit-for-tat after ITV made that fantastic report on what Charles said about the Ginger BBC Reporter!

Maybe the situation isn't as bad as the Beeb are making out and they're just nursing wounds / damage limitation / ego re-build!

Purely my speculation

Sorry Mr.Si, but I don't really think the unions are really in the mood for jokes at the moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4376633.stm

We talking about peoples futures. I really feel for my colleagues who have been told that the work they do adds no value to our output, goodbye.

as for members being informed: I've only been with Bectu for a month or so, an I've been kept informed of what's relevant to me, this is the first I've heard of the ITV business. (mind you: letter date / postmark difference of 6 days!)

It seems that throughout the broadcasting industry times could be better.

Time for a career change?

Kristan

for the record, I was on a fixed term contract, this ends on Wed, so it's back to being casual and grabbing any hours I can.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4376633.stm

We talking about peoples futures. I really feel for my colleagues who have been told that the work they do adds no value to our output, goodbye. 

There is a little joke at the end of that article though -

"The BBC was not available for comment"

At least it shows that BBC journalists still care about the quiality of their work, even if Mr Director General doesn't.

Archived