Good lighting on a small budget

Japcarroll

Hi all .. I'm looking for advice on lighting a small area of our hall to make a focal point in the centre of about 10'X6' .. I'm on a pretty small budget and after sorting out the sound I only had enough left for 4 SlimPar 38 LEDs with a 3 channel DMX mixer. What would be the best positioning for the units if I wanted to spot light a podium in the centre and have the wall behind the podium filled with a colour , Any advice would be much appreciated.. Thanks..

Hmmm that sounds like a big ask for 4 low-end LED PARS....

Could you elaborate on what your '3 channel DMX mixer' is. You're making it sound a bit like a Zero88 Alphapack to me. If it is, that is not suitable for using with your LED PARs which will need a direct connection to the mains and probably at least 12 channels of DMX control. Say you used 2 pars for your podium and 2 for the wall you could probably get away with 6 channels, but in truth you're a bit short of kit there to make this work really.

I'm assuming you mean the Chauvet fixture? They're not really going to be enough I fear. The beam is narrow in the centre and then gradually falls away quoted as 14 degree beam angle with a 23 degree field angle, but 75 1/4W LEDs don't mean brightness unless you are quite close. Some of the current crop are using multiple 3 or 10W LEDs so you can see it's firmly a great if you have tons product. I'd look for some higher powered alternatives.

Archived