Strand 500 series v2.5 - Anyone have it?

Stu

Might strike as a slightly bizzare request (probably because it is!) but does anyone have a v2.5 copy of the software lying dormnant on their hard drives which you could e-mail to me?

The version on the Strand site is actually v2.4...

My e-mail address is

le spike @ tiscali . co . uk (please remove spaces to mail me)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Stu

Are you talking about v2.8.5 maybe because v2.4 is rather old. You should be able to download v2.8.5 from strands website for 5xxi version:

http://www.strandlighting.com/Software/220os/2.8.5/ci.zip

Arjen

Might strike as a slightly bizzare request (probably because it is!) but does anyone have a v2.5 copy of the software lying dormnant on their hard drives which you could e-mail to me?

The version on the Strand site is actually v2.4...

My e-mail address is

le spike @ tiscali . co . uk (please remove spaces to mail me)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Stu

In that case maybe this might help:

http://www.strandlighting.com/HTML/softwares.html there you can find a 2.5 version.

Unfortunately not. It says its 2.5, but its really 2.4e...

Perhaps an email to Strand is the way forwards?

MarcT has beaten me to it - yes the v2.5 on the site is really v2.4.

I've e-mailed Strand about my little project (Is there a Showport for v2.8.5 to be precise, and if not how can I get a showfile to convert in Showport v2.3 or v2.5 and retain cue information) a couple of days back, and as usual there has yet to be a reply. This doesn't surprise me one little bit to be honest.

Stu

I've had a few problems like this myself in the past. I've got a range of Showport versions that work for a variety of OS (DOS Win95 Win98 etc). Sometimes you get cue information, sometimes you don't. It's very frustrating!

PM me if you want me to have a go, I've had reasonable success in the past when translating shows to or from SSF files. Even if it did take a bit of time and tinkering with different Showports.

Barney

OK update time.

As we discussed v2.5i on the Strand site is v2.4i, but v2.5non-I is actually v2.5non-I. So thats a start. Now I've saved my show in v2.5 and now tried to download Showport v2.5 from the Strand site, which turns out to be an empty zip.

What I'm going to do now is try stepping my show files down to v2.3 and running through Showport v2.3.

In the mean time, Barney - you have a PM.

Many thanks to all who have helped & replied so far.

I will get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Stu

UPDATE 2

Well having now tried running my v2.5 show file into v2.3 I've discovered it'll load everything bar the cues! (As mentioned here) Bloody fantastic! But... My v2.3 showfile I made up (a demo show if you will) runs through Showport v2.3 and spits out everything including cues (:)) and runs effortlessly into the ETC Expression 3 off line editor once I've done a bit of tidying up on the ASCII text file.

So... what I need now is a copy of Showport v2.5 - as advertised on the Strand WWW site but doesn't work. I've PMed Barney about it as mentioned above, but if anyone has it feel free to e-mail it to me so I've got all bases covered.

Oh this is all good fun and keeping me out of trouble - most importantly!

Stu

PS. A link to another Showport thread - in case anyone is wondering what I'm on about.

What I've done in the past, rather than messing with Showport, is to print the show file from the desk to a text file (select the FILE option for the print destination). Copy that text file to a machine with a suitable text editor / scripting language, convert it into something that your target desk can understand, and you're off and running. If you've got access to a Perl interpreter, I might even have a script kicking around to convert into USITT ASCII format, for import to an Express.

Hi Simon,

I can get access to a 'Perl Interpreter' (whatever one of those actually is), found a few things in Google. If you have a moment to e-mail me the script (if you can find it) I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Stu

Hello...

ShowPort 2.5, which runs under Windows, should be able to decode Strand showfiles from version 2.8.5 or earlier of the console software. It seems to have a few kinks with REALLY big showfiles, but fundamentally works fine.

Of course, I don't know where it lives on the Strand website....

However, if you haven't solved your problems I can email you that or a copy of GeniusPro 2.5(e).

Let me know - rob@halliday.demon.co.uk

Rob.

Archived