Fibre Cable Suppliers

BlueShift

Hi All,

I'm looking for some good Fibre suppliers for Mil-Tac fibre assemblies.

I have pricing on Neutrik OpticalCon variants, but I'm really after deployable fibre terminated in standard connectors (probably ST).

Anyone got any preferred suppliers they'd like to share?

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I shall make some calls today

We've just been using Universal Networks for their deployable systems for an AV van. Great to deal with also. Prices are very reasonable.

Universal Networks - Ask for Elizabeth. She is really great to deal with.

I'd be interested to hear your in-use experiences Gareth. What kind of fibre did you go with? Mil-tac or armoured? regular connectors or Opticalcon?

We went for the Mil-tac cables in the end as they come nicely rolled onto a drum. Regular LC-LC connectors because of the equipment its connecting to.

Will let you know how it all is. Goes out for first use this weekend.

We went for the Mil-tac cables in the end as they come nicely rolled onto a drum. Regular LC-LC connectors because of the equipment its connecting to.

Will let you know how it all is. Goes out for first use this weekend.

Great.

I'm leaning toward ST. Partly because its more widely adopted in the broadcast industry (so it makes really long fibre sub hires easy) and because I think its ever so slightly more rugged than an LC, but at the end of the day its much of a muchness.

I look forward to hearing your results.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay.

Were only using LC because Blackmagic comes with it as standard, and were not doing Broadcast stuff, just archive recordings, EPK sets, some DVD shoots etc. Nothing broadcast etc.

The cables came in really good condition in nice reels. They have already been used twice in a week. They have great covers on the connectors to stop them being damaged. You would REALLY need to pull it off now.

All it all - a nice neat solution.

We bought 1 x 50M 12 core (6 ways) and 4 x 100M 2 core

All on deployable reels etc.

Price was not too bad either.

Archived