Plug my par 56 into dimmer?

iws

I have a pair of par 56's, each with a shuko plug on the end. I would like to plug these into dimmers at some point. Would I need to reattach an IEC connector to each plug or is there another way I am suppose to do this.

Sorry bit clueless with lighting.

Well, assuming that your PAR 56s are tungsten 'light bulbs' and not LEDs and that your dimmers have IEC outlets, then either get someone with appropriate electrical knowledge to put the correct connectors on your lanterns or perhaps consider something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/130415009603?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

Also assuming your dimmer have IEC outputs, and you're not just thinking IEC because so much kit has them on it. Any way - it's probable best to replace the foreign plug with something British just for convenience - as to what kind - IEC, 13A, 15A, 16A, Powercon or something else - it depends on what you have to plug it in to?

Archived