EPS flight cases, Hull

S&L

I'm trying to organise a flightcase with wheels for an X32 - I came across EPS and their case looked reasonable from the pictures (I don't need drop-it-off-a-truck tough, just serviceable and manoeuvrable). they seemed reasonable in price, based in the UK and best of all I can choose a different colour so that when it's in the same place as the other x32 console I work, I can tell mine apart easily.

I tried calling EPS a couple of times today but I can't get a reply.

So my questions are:

1. has anyone used them?

2. is no answer on the phone usual for them?

3. is there anything to worry about?

I'm just about to drop them an email but to be honest I'm not inclined to place an order, not having dealt with them before, unless someone tells me I'm worrying over nothing.

11:25 on a monday morning? Maybe they just had a rough weekend and are coming in late on a monday.

I hardly think you can consider a few calls on a monday morning as evident proof that somebody has gone bankrupt. There's most likely a reason, go and do something with your day and phone them back tomorrow.

11:25 on a monday morning? Maybe they just had a rough weekend and are coming in late on a monday.

I hardly think you can consider a few calls on a monday morning as evident proof that somebody has gone bankrupt. There's most likely a reason, go and do something with your day and phone them back tomorrow.

I wasn't suggesting they were insolvent - just that they didn't come across as reliable - I'm looking for someone to specifically say - oh yeah they are great, really fast delivery or oh them, I had to chase for ages before I finally got anything out of them.

I wasn't suggesting they were insolvent - just that they didn't come across as reliable - I'm looking for someone to specifically say - oh yeah they are great, really fast delivery or oh them, I had to chase for ages before I finally got anything out of them.

Sure, insolvent probably not. But I don't even think you can call them unreliable. The dude might just be at a dentist appointment. In my books a company not being available for one morning of the year is not really a sign of unreliability.

I have EPS cases for my Soundcraft Expression 3s and they're solidly build cases with a decent amount of padding! Far better quality than the case I have for my Si2 from a manufacturer of "bespoke medical flightcases".

I simply used their online form on the case option to do the order, and it took 2 weeks to get to me. When it arrived it was well packaged. They've been out and about on more gigs than the Si2 has in the 4 months I've had them compared to the 4 years I've had the Si2, and have so far stood up to being rammed into the back to the van with everything else.

Have just ordered a case for an X32 (not mine - on behalf of someone else) - not from EPS, but from JSM custom cases, and it seems to be a bit cheaper than theirs - but perhaps that may be reflected in the materials used, etc.

When it arrives, I'll let you know what I think. If it's any good I'll get one made by them for my own console. If not then I'll look elsewhere...

Good luck!

I've just looked at the label on mine - a blue case for the X32 with a dog box, and it says hi-speccases.co.uk - but this doesn't work, and a bit of Googling tells me this company seem to be the sister company of ..... EPS. Amazon are the only listing for the case I have, but I bought it direct a year or so ago. I dug up the invoice and I bought it from EMS - and not the name on the case????

This is what I ordered, and I'm very satisfied with it. It's tough, has good quality hardware, very good castors and despite being in and out of the van with very little care, it's been well worth what I paid.

Quantity Name SKU Price Subtotal

1 Behringer X32 Digital Mixer Flight Case (Panel Type: Blue_Laminated_Plywood

4 x Heavy Duty Castor Wheels: Castor Wheels (+ £32.40)

Add Dog Box: Add Dog Box (+ £90.00)) HI-BDMX32 £367.39 £367.39

SubTotal : £367.39

Shipping and Handling Fee : £26.50

Tax Total : £61.23

Total: £393.89

To add to my above post, as I didn't have the details to hand at the time; this is what I ordered from EPS:

Soundcraft Si Compact 32 Digital Mixer Flight Case

- Panel Type: Blue Laminated Birch..

- Foam Lining: 25mm PE 30 KG Black ..

- Tour Label Dish: Zinc Medium Dish (25..

- Castor Wheels & Dolly Board: 2 x Lockable & 2..

- Dog Box (Cable Protection): 18mm Birch Plywood

- See more at: http://www.epsflight....dpufSoundcraft Compact 32 Digital

Total: £382.99 + shipping

thanks for everyone's comments. I was reassured a little by the fact that others has successfully used EPS.

I sent them and email and I got a call straight back, from a guy who said that he was on his own in the office this week and had indeed been to the dentist (I always use call divert for this, or an answer phone at least but hey ho)

so top-cat you must be dentally psychic!

the chap was very helpful and I went through my queries - 5 days delivery, which sounds great, blue was available, also great but then we came to carriage (not quoted before you click to order on the web site)

Apparently, if I made payment by bank transfer then the delivery cost would be £17.50 plus case with wheels £236 = £253.50

but if I paid by card using the web site then the carriage would be £45, taking the total to £286

I reflected on the cost afterwards and thought that I would like the creit card protection but was hoping to pay closer to 200 than 300.

..no comments at this point about the value - I'm aware that a touring case with dogbox would be preferable to most but (a) I'm on a budget, (b) I can live without a dog box and would prefer a case that I can get into my estate car and that takes up minimum footprint at gigs © it's generally only me working with this case and desk within - it isn't getting loaded in trucks and trailers or generally thrown about.

So I went back over some of those other suppliers I had looked at and called the flightcase company / NSP Direct Ltd.

an equally nice chap answered the phone straight away and went through my queries - £216 case £30 casters £12 delivery = £258, 7 to 10 days delivery.

no colour choice though.

For better or worse I chose these guys so I will see how it turns out - incidentally the actual amount of the bill when ordered online was lower slightly lower.

thanks for everyone's comments. I was reassured a little by the fact that others has successfully used EPS.

I sent them and email and I got a call straight back, from a guy who said that he was on his own in the office this week and had indeed been to the dentist (I always use call divert for this, or an answer phone at least but hey ho)

That could be interesting.

"Gooh worningh, eee pee eth fligh catheth"

Archived