WaveLive .. Free Seminars ar SFL

Mark Payne

Hi All

Hey, we are excited to be hosting a pair (Day and Eve) of seminars at SFL on March 18th presenting WavesLive solutions.

We will be showing you how to host WavesLive plugins using both Native (on your Mac or PC with no server hardware... cheap and cheerful) and SoundGrid solutions (faster, less latency, more power).

Noam Raz from Waves will be with us. Noam and Mark will be talking about and demonstrating plugins and we hope to give you some hands on time also.

More info here:

http://www.sflgroup.co.uk/Groups/196139/SFL/Open_Days/WavesLive_Day/WavesLive_Day.aspx

We will repeat the day session in the evening for engineers that maybe can't get time off in the day.

Please go to our website for registration info.

You will have to register so we can plan for and allocate spaces.

Hopefully this will be of interest to you and we look forward to welcoming you at SFL.

Feel free to comment and ask questions here as we are tring to measure and tailor the thing to suit!

Cheers

Mark

Is there any chance of filming the training part of the session for download by people who can't make it to Reading / aren't available on the day? Would be a shame for that knowledge sharing to be limited to those who can be there and then. I have seen you produce videos for upload before so I thought if it's equipment you have in house, is that something that you could do? Many other companies seem to be doing these "Webinar" sessions.

Is there any chance of filming the training part of the session for download by people who can't make it to Reading / aren't available on the day? Would be a shame for that knowledge sharing to be limited to those who can be there and then. I have seen you produce videos for upload before so I thought if it's equipment you have in house, is that something that you could do? Many other companies seem to be doing these "Webinar" sessions.

Maybe later.... To be honest the reason an SFL would so such a thing is to meet people face to face and build relationships.

That is harder to do down a stream pipe.

Also filming does not always sit well with people that have actually turned up. It can get in the way and is disingenuous to the spirit of the people that turn up.

I can and will do some stuff for camera but I like to deal with flesh n blood first.

M

Maybe later.... To be honest the reason an SFL would so such a thing is to meet people face to face and build relationships.

That is harder to do down a stream pipe.

Also filming does not always sit well with people that have actually turned up. It can get in the way and is disingenuous to the spirit of the people that turn up.

I can and will do some stuff for camera but I like to deal with flesh n blood first.

M

OK... fair enough, although maybe whilst real-life sessions are good for you to build relationships with people face to face... youtube is a good place for you to plug yourselves to a wider audience who may not know SFL otherwise but may bring you new business?

I'm not trying to change the way you do things, I am just saying that I'm sure there are many people who would benefit from such an event, who may bring you business without meeting you face to face in the first instance, who are simply not able to travel to Reading on a particular day for whatever reason...

Archived