Help identifying a component please.

wirralmatt

Hi

I am trying to source a replacement component for an LEDJ Omni Tri 9. For those of you who have this unit and can look inside, it is the white ribbon (and connector) that links the DMX input to the control board and it labelled J3. It is the ribbon and plug that I am after.

For anyone else, I have attached a picture. It is the white, three core cable and connector that I am interested in. I have also shown a picture of the socket that it links to, although I do not need to source these, I figured it might be helpful in identifying.

Both images are here: http://www.liverpoolonechurch.com/contentpages/15279/a4cec452-f8a6-4acc-b05c-ae36a00bdea0/OMNI.aspx

I need to find out what it is called and where I can get hold of some. I suspect it is a standard component and not specific to this light.

Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

The connectors look like JST PH range.

You cannot buy the ribbon made up as far as I know, you need a special crimp tool. However, Farnell sell individual jumper cables with the crimps on, you buy the plug housing separately and the crimps push in.

Go to uk.farnell.com and type "JST PH" (no quotes) into the search and you will see.

Hi

I am trying to source a replacement component for an LEDJ Omni Tri 9. For those of you who have this unit and can look inside, it is the white ribbon (and connector) that links the DMX input to the control board and it labelled J3. It is the ribbon and plug that I am after.

I need to find out what it is called and where I can get hold of some. I suspect it is a standard component and not specific to this light.

Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Try an eMail call to the guys at ProLight (ProLight Contact Page) they're the UK importers/distributors for LEDj.

Archived