Help trying to use Maxxyz PC with Windows XP

nopEda

Hi,

I'm trying to use Maxxyz PC with my home computer running Windows XP but the latest version won't run on it. Does anyone know what version will run on it? Also at this point I'd like to use an Enttec dongle because it's affordable and I only need one universe, but someone told me they don't think the older version of M-PC can use Enttec dongles. Does anyone know if that's true, or of there's one that works with XP that will use Enttec, or if not what other affordable dongle it might use? Or if I'm screwed and can't reasonably use M-PC at all what else to suggest? We have a Maxxyz where I work which is why I'm interested in that software...I like the ability to turn off tracking, and make inhibitives which I'm hoping M-PC will also do.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

David

XP was stopped a few versions ago…. I am not sure if there is a version that supports Enttec AND runs on XP. I think its doubtful…

You can probably find an older version, that will run on XP, but with no Enttec support.

The last version that will run on XP is 2.92 I believe, you can try and see if that supports the Enttec device, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't, and if it does, it will be flakey because there have been many updates/fixes/tweeks in regards to the Enttec device since then.

I highly recommend upgrading to Windows 7 so you can use the latest version with all the new stuff, as well as the Enttec support. Or even windows 8, there are some nice, cost effective windows 8 touch screen laptops and desktops out there that MPC works great on.

Thanks.

XP was stopped a few versions ago…. I am not sure if there is a version that supports Enttec AND runs on XP. I think its doubtful…

You can probably find an older version, that will run on XP, but with no Enttec support.

The last version that will run on XP is 2.92 I believe, you can try and see if that supports the Enttec device, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't, and if it does, it will be flakey because there have been many updates/fixes/tweeks in regards to the Enttec device since then.

I highly recommend upgrading to Windows 7 so you can use the latest version with all the new stuff, as well as the Enttec support. Or even windows 8, there are some nice, cost effective windows 8 touch screen laptops and desktops out there that MPC works great on.

Thanks.

I have Windows 7 version 6.1 on my laptop but can't get M-PC to work on that either. I can't even get the program to install. I looked into Windows 8.1 and they said when you do the upgrade you will lose everything on the computer.

Archived