Ipad show control apps

soundiesam

You mentioned QLab, they do make an iPad app to control the full version of the software which I find very useful, especially during rehearsals as I can have someone running the show while still making level changes etc. without having to involve them.

There are apps / programs that turn ipods / pads/phones in to effectively "media servers" and use the existing apple infrastructure (ie video and audio out gadgets) to feed in to PA systems / screens etc but there's nothing "all in one" as it is an incredibly niche and pointless way of doing it, at its core all show control systems split the rendering/playback processor load from the control/command load by using multiple computers, something you can't do in just one iPad. Choose your favourite computer based show control systems then use something like "GoToMyPC" so that you can use an ipad to remotely control it, that way you have the best of both worlds.

Hey all, so I'm wondering if anyone has developed an app for Ipad that can run video, lighting and audio. Basically I'm looking at something like Qlab for ipad anybody seen anything or know of anything?

Sam

Depending on a WiFi connection to run a show seems like a really bad idea. Losing control of all your media systems every time the WiFi drops out and having to re-sync is going to make for a very sketchy look to your show. If you are going to connect the iPad with wire to the devices you want to control, why not use a computer that there are already apps (like QLab) to do what you want?

Mac

Theres no need to sound quite so off-ish!

Its common sense more than anything else. Most, if not all I-Pad remote control apps come off the back of some hardware along the line. MA, Avo, Chamsys, Zero88, Behringer, Yamaha

Even if there was something like an 'all in one' app like QLab - its still going to have to interface with an entire box of tricks somewhere along the line so I dont really see the benefit.

Technically speaking, all the lights, sound, video could still be linked togther by ethernet and controlled from a laptop- in turn fired from an I-Pad - but for most applications that would be a bit overkill dont you think !!!

Archived