Neutral face colours or no colour?

vinntec

As you keep mentioning lots of specials - how many specials would need to be 'used' at any one time.

Would it not be worth hiring a couple - or 4 movers to handle the requirements. Forgetting about the 'fun' aspect of them, but I use movers quite frequently JUST for specials. All movements are MOD so subtle repositioning and just saves on lantern stock & dimmer count.

I would certainly wouldn't suggest using the LEDs from FOH, I was more angling (geddit?) to imagine your two angle split rotated around rather than up and down the centreline. However, if you can't get coverage all the way downstage from overhead and don't have advance positions then it isn't really doable as you still need it to happen everywhere without faces clanging between 1 and 2 angles.

Yes, the only angles I can be fairly consistant at are upstage and downstage. The sides will only be pipe ends but this is good enough for modelling and colouring..

As you keep mentioning lots of specials - how many specials would need to be 'used' at any one time.

Would it not be worth hiring a couple - or 4 movers to handle the requirements. Forgetting about the 'fun' aspect of them, but I use movers quite frequently JUST for specials. All movements are MOD so subtle repositioning and just saves on lantern stock & dimmer count.

Unfortunately the FOH positions have some wonderful structural beams in front of them which means you light through the gaps for each individual lantern, so a mover just won't work. The stage LX bars are on a fixed rig with everything else, so anything hanging down like a mover will be an eyesore and with LX1 quite a way from the front of the stage, not that much use compared to ordinary LEDs. So movers to create multiple specials just won't work (which I have done lots of times in the past at other venues usually with MAC550 for smaller venues and MAC700 for larger.).

L003 also works well for front light.

L003 looks so close to NC in a 1.2kW PC so the impact is very subtle. What does it do for you that might work for me?

Archived